After purchasing an SMS (a.k.a. text message) plan, you can use Inisght to send group messages to your members. This process will walk through sending an SMS group message step-by-step.
- Login to your Insight account, click the Home Icon in the upper right of the page, then click SMS in the dropdown
- From the SMS dashboard, click new group message
- You'll now be on the New Group SMS Message page. In the Group Message Details box, compose your message. Pro-tip: you can use variables to personalize group messages. Copy/paste variables exactly as they are listed in the Message Variables box.
- If you want to send the SMS message as soon as you're done, check the Send Immedately checkbox. Otherwise, use the Send on prompts to select a specific date and time to send your message. Messages can be scheduled up to two weeks in advance. Note: The message will not be sent until you click schedule group message in step 6. Timezones are based on the value set at Home Icon → Settings → General → Timezone.
- In the Account Selection box, use the checkboxes and search bar (used for tags) to specify what accounts should recieve the message. Insight will automatically calculate and report the total number of members your message will be sent to as you select and deselect options.
- Once you have completed your message and selected all the desired accounts to recieve it, click schedule group message to send the group SMS message. Note: you can click Cancel at any time prior to sending the message to discard your changes and start over.
- That's it! You'll be returned your SMS Dashboard and can view your message in the Group SMS Messages table. In addition to viewing messages, you can edit unsent messages here.