How To Create A Calendar Event (Basic)
Insight enables you to schedule, edit, and cancel classes, appointments, and other calendar events easily. Once you create a Class as a calendar event, your members can sign up to reserve a space. This article will walk through the process of creating a basic calendar event in Insight. For more advanced features, such as recurring events, see our How To Create A Calendar Event (Advanced) article.
- Login to Insight and click the Calendar Icon on the left side of the screen
- Click the plus + icon on the lower right of the screen.
- Use the radio buttons on the top of the pop-up to select Class or Appointment. Note: For our example, we will schedule a Class. Appointments are similar except they do NOT have a Capacity or Drop-in Rate and instead of an Instructor an Appointment has a Host.
- Type a title for your event in the Title field.
- Optional: Type your events location in the Location field
- Optional: In the Instructor field, begin typing the name of an instructor for the course to search existing applicable Insight users and select desired result.
- In the Start Date field, manually type a start date for the calendar event using the format MM/DD/YYYY (e.g. 07/04/2025 for July 4, 2025) OR click the Calendar icon to use the calendar pop-up widget to select a date.
- In the Start Time field, click the hour, minute, and am/pm values to set a time for your event.
- In the Length field, click the hour (h) and minute (m) to set the duration of your event.
- Optional: In the Capacity field type in a positive whole number or use the + and - icons to set a maximum capacity for the event. Note: Capacity values limit the maximum nuber of guests that can sign up for an event.
- Optional: In the Drop-in Rate field, type in a dollar value (e.g. 10.95 for $10.95 or 15.00 for $15.00) or use the + and - icons to set a drop-in rate guests will be charged for the event.
- Click Save to save your event.
That's it! Your event is now saved to the calendar and can be shared with members.