Calendar: An Overview
The Insight Calendar enables you to schedule events such as classes, appointments, and personal training sessions (coming soon) for your members. The Insight Calendar can be shared on a website or over social media to make it easy for your members to sign up for events. In this article, we will provide you with an overview of how to navigate and use basic Calendar functionality.
Accessing the calendar
To access the calendar, simply login to Insight and click the Calendar Icon on the left side of the screen. The Calendar Icon will persist on the left of the screen while you navigate Insight and you can click it anytime it is displayed.
Calendar default view and options
The image below shows the default Calendar view and these 10 features:
- Search bar- Use the search bar to search for calendar entries using free text queries (like a Google or DuckDuckGo search for your calendar!)
- Date dropdown- Use this dropdown to select a specific day, month, and year on the calendar.
- Type filter- Use this dropdown to filter what calendar events are displayed by their Type. Examples of Types are Appointments, Classes, and Personal Training Sessions.
- Assigned filter- Use this dropdown to filter calendar events based on who the are assigned to (e.g. which trainer)
- Day/Week/Month view buttons- The default calendar view is the Day view, which shows a single day on the screen. You can change the view to show an entire 7-day Week or a full Month using these buttons.
- Show Today button- Clicking this button will jump to the current date on the calendar.
- Print button- Use this button to print your current calendar view.
- Collapse button- Use this button to expand or collapse events that overlap on the calendar.
- Member's app links button- Use this button to access the link for links to share with your members. See Calendar Widget: Allow Members To View & Sign Up For Events for an example of how to use member links.
- Add event button- Use this button to begin adding events to the calendar. See How To Create A Calendar Event (Basic) for an example.